The Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health Multidisciplinary International Research Training (MIRT) Program is a national program designed to encourage underrepresented students to elect a career path in public health related biomedical and social science research. This program provides fellows with experience in population-based health research in developing countries.
Priority will be given to undergraduates with at least a junior standing by the beginning of summer quarter 2018. Please review all eligibility requirements for admission prior to completing your application.
Please read the information below for the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health MIRT Program carefully. It is your responsibility to see that your complete application is received by January 5, 2018.
The application packet consists of:
1. General Information Sheet
2. Student Responsibility Sheet
3. Application Form
4. Three Recommendation Forms
6. Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Your completed application form, recommendation forms, and a copy of your transcript(s) are due in the Harvard Chan School of Public Health MIRT Program Office by January 5, 2018. NO APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE PROCESSED IF ANY OF THESE ITEMS ARE MISSING.
FIRST, fill out the application forms completely, typing all of your responses.
SECOND, complete the essay questions.
THIRD, give the recommendation form to the appropriate individual to complete. Indicate to each reference that your application will not be evaluated without these forms. Select these individuals carefully since they are an important part of the evaluation process. Instruct the evaluators to either:
(1) Return the forms to you in a sealed envelope with their signature across the seal. Ask him/her to fill out the form promptly, place the completed form in a sealed envelope with their signature across the flap and return it to you to include in your application packet. Submit the recommendations with your application.
(2) Have your recommender email email@example.com from a professional email address with their recommendation attached as a word document or PDF. It is your responsibility to contact your recommender with these instructions and ensure that they provide us with their recommendation letter by the deadline.
Three recommendations must be submitted with your application. Recommendations must come from each of the following categories:
A. Academic Counselor, Academic Advisor or Mentor
B. Science Professor or Research Preceptor
C. Employer or Personal Reference (non-family)
FOURTH, contact the registrar at your school and request that a copy of your official transcripts be sent to you in a sealed envelope or have them sent to the MIRT Program office. Submit the transcripts with your application. Please include transcripts of every college and university you have ever attended (whether or not a degree was awarded). The transcripts should be the same as those listed under ‘Colleges and Universities Attended’ on the application form.
You may either (1) apply online or (2) download and mail an application packet to the MIRT Program Office. Please read the application packet carefully. It is your responsibility to see that your completed application is received by Friday January 5, 2018.
1. Apply online
2. Download and mail application materials
For further information on application procedures or eligibility requirements, please contact:
Multidisciplinary International Research Training (MIRT) Program
Department of Epidemiology | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
677 Huntington Avenue, Kresge 501 | Boston, MA 02115
o: 617-432-2289 | firstname.lastname@example.org