1. Open the site’s WordPress Dashboard.
2. Go to Media > Add New (See Figure 1.1)
Figure 1.2 depicts the basic file-upload procedures provided by the WordPress platform.
1. “Drag-and-Drop” Files or Select Files.
2. File being “Dragged” and “Dropped” into field.
3. Uploaded files provide a quick edit option.
Figure 1.3 depicts the media file edit options provided by the WordPress platform.
1. File Title:
Change/Edit the file title.
2. Alternative Text:
- Displays text if image cannot load
- Promotes Search Engine Optimization
Note: Caption and Description fields are provided to the user.
3. File Options:
- Provides file URL, type, and dimensions.
- Update user desired requirements.